V 1.0 Initial functionalities & possible RoadMap

Apr 8, 2009 at 1:29 PM
Hi,

Here's the list of the functionalities for the 1st version of what we want to build up:
1. Base website system.
2. News & Announcements module.
3. Newsfeed module.
4. Module system (to be able to manage the website modules the same way).
5. UG Events module.
6. Sponsors / Supporters section.

And for other releases we have thought of:
1. Newsletter system.
2. Upgrade UG events module with georeferenced position.
3. Improve the modules system and allow to inject external xap's as modules by configuration.
4. Comment system.
5. Voting system.
6. Chat System.

Please, state your opinion on what do you think would be best..

Apr 13, 2009 at 8:01 PM
Hi Jose Luis,

I like the functionality constraints, since at the end of the first version we will have a complete base product. I need to understand this a little bit better. Is this a asp.net website which serves as a xap container (modules) ? because in this case the injecting external xap's as modules by configuration feature seems to be a core functionality that is probably best placed during the first version.

I'm ok with the list of initial functionalities, and sorry if I'm totally lost about the project concept. Thank you in advance for clarifying this to me.

Carlos Figueroa
Apr 29, 2009 at 7:15 PM
Hi Luis I am waiting for the first release of the source code in order to start to collaborate on the project.
Apr 29, 2009 at 7:25 PM
Hi, I am not sure whats the progress till now but I've created some user stories. Will share it with you all.

Hiren
Apr 29, 2009 at 7:40 PM
Have shared it under Downloads-Planned section
Apr 30, 2009 at 7:26 AM
Hi Carlos,

As for the list of the functionalities they were just a guess to discuss between us all, as this is only for a first version maybe it is too pretentious to pretend to build a Silverlight-nuke module system.. or maybe not! that depends on time constraints too and the time we can dedicate to this ;).
I would leave this for a second or third gen, and not make it part of the core until it has been fully tested... Anyway we can open a discussion for that and start discussing how should we do it and, hey, maybe it's easier than it seems :).
As for the product, the idea is to make it fully in Silverlight, ASP.net will we only a container to the XAP.

Raffaeu, I'm waiting it too... looks like David had something but has to change it to c#... if he doesn't got the time I could do and upload "something" to serve as the base, so we can build it together..

Hirenada, now that "I'm back" will take a look at your user stories :) thanks!!!

Everybody, what would you would be happy to contribute to? are you willing to have a concrete functionality that you want to contribute to?

Thanks!
Jose
Apr 30, 2009 at 8:09 AM
Hi Hirenada,

Have restyled the document and reedited it, adding some categories and user stories too :)
Good work!

Please everybody, review the document and add your grain of sand.

Jose
May 2, 2009 at 8:36 PM
Hey Carlos,
      I would like to move the discussion on how we are going to build it to a seperate thread.  For this thread, it is probably easiest to keep it limited to mainly what areas we would like to build into the system.  I will start a seperate thread for the discussion of injecting .xap modules.

I happen to like the idea Jose's initial list and I haven't seen any posts to show otherwise, so I am assuming that all are in agreement.  I happen to prefer to start with something simple, so to rehash, is everybody good with the following features being in the v1 of the starter kit?

Here's the list of the functionalities for the 1st version of what we want to build up:
1. Base website system.
2. News & Announcements module.
3. Newsfeed module.
4. UG Events module.
5. Sponsors / Supporters section.

I did remove the module management section sonce that will be based on our discussion of the architecture.  All in favor of this initial list?
May 5, 2009 at 5:21 PM
Hey David and Jose, I agree with the initial list.

Carlos.
May 6, 2009 at 10:24 AM
Ok, great! now let's build the "base" so we can publish "something useful" for this friday... time flies ;)

Anybody wanting to help? David is taking the lead in the development right now, I'm codeveloping too but my time is more limited.

For any direct questions, my mesenger is joslat@bcndev.com, but my e-mail is joslat@gmail.com.