Updated source now includes Membership, Roles and Profiles

May 26, 2009 at 4:44 PM

The lates source code was loaded updated this morning to include an initial implementation of Membership, Roles and Profiles.  Once again, this job was made alot easier thanks to Peter Bromberg's article on the topic.  Now, you can log in as well.  Another enhancement was the Event CRUD form, implemented via RIA Services.

May 31, 2009 at 6:06 PM

I am downloading the source with VS2010 and TFS2010 installed locally into my PC.

I am going today to build the local .mdf database, update it with some sample Northwind records and then build the first model (with EF 4.0).

I will post an update when everything will be ready.

(I love the template layout!)

May 31, 2009 at 7:04 PM

Ok guys I did some tricks but the problem is with the RIA preview (May). They wont install into VS2010, so for the moment let's keep VS2008 SP1 because it's simply impossible to make it works into VS2010.

Brad Abrams says that the next preview of VS2010 will allow us to work with NET RIA also.

:-)

May 31, 2009 at 7:23 PM

Yes, I meant to add that.  I love VS2010 and have it installed my machine, but we can't use it for this project yet because it currently does not support RIA Services.

May 31, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Now my last problem is with the database. I have downloaded your last solution and added to source code but I cannot connect to your SQL db.

What's the plan for this, will we use a SQL05 express local in the app_data or do we use a local db, in each development machine and connect trought a SQL connection?

May 31, 2009 at 8:57 PM

You should be able to connect to my db.  The security is pretty much open on it.  For that reason, I am in favor of replacing it with SQL Express so that we don't have to worry that somebody gets bored and decides to change a bunch of things around in the DB.  It would also be good to have a current script for anybody that wants to set it up on their sql server.  Why don't you chat me to let me know what type of problems you are having in connecting to the db.

May 31, 2009 at 9:29 PM

I can chat in 1 hour, just call me on msn

Jun 1, 2009 at 1:21 AM

After a lot of troubles I was able to go ahead with the projects.

I will post new updates during the week. Now the source has an MDF inside the app_folder and I changed the connectionStrings to reflect it.

Unfortunately I have to detach the DB in SQL Express each time I want to run the application, and in the same way I need SQL SSMS to design the db and the links.

THe original design is different from what we decided, so I am going to merge these changes to reflect also the member section.