Current Status of Starter Kit V 1.0

Aug 16, 2009 at 4:31 AM

Hello everyone!

I'm starting a new user group web site in silverlight 3.0.  I found this project and was wondering how it is going since I don't see any activity for the last 30 days.

As all of you are very busy so am I but if I can help I willing to learn as I create this new web site.  Please let me know if you have made any more progress on this kit and I'll evaluate it over the next few days.  I have to get silverlight 3 install, etc..

TIA! Jerry

Aug 25, 2009 at 7:02 PM
Edited Aug 25, 2009 at 7:04 PM

Hey Jerry,

Thank you for posting - and so sorry for the incredible delay in response.

This is still being worked on and is taking a bit longer than anticipated, but its near time for an initial release.  We're incredibly excited, but still working out some of the kinks.  If I may ask, what usergroup do you represent and what are they about?

Mostly just curious. :)

- Ariel Leroux
Graphic/Layout Designer

Aug 25, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Hey Ariel,

I am a member of the Columbia Enterprise Guild based in Columbia, SC USA.  The president of the user goup ask for anyone interested in helping build a new web site for the group and I said I would help as long as it was with Silverlight 3.0.  Our group has been around for a few years and we are like a branch off of the Charlotte Enterprise Guild in Charlotte, NC Chris Eargle is the president of our UG and Bill Jones is the president of the Charlotte UG.  both are great places to learn about the new techinologies coming out of Microsoft.

I'm very interested in Silverlight and WPF.  My background is in window and some web programming in VB2 - VB.net 3.0 and I have been doing C# for about 14 months or so and had done a few small C# projects here and there.  I was a c/c++ guy from the old dos days.

I'm interested in silverlight and WPF control development and code gen using CodeDom namespace.

I hope this helps and I have some really bright guys here on the job that I may ask to help me some.  Like I said I want to build based on your teams work and may be we can help bullet proof your starter kit.  More later. Jerry

Aug 25, 2009 at 10:11 PM

Hey Jerry,

Ah, cool. Chris is a good guy who has come down and spoken at our groups in the past and I have spoken with him at some conferences and Codecamps  Why don't you email me with your Codeplex id so that we can add you to the project.  Looking forward to your participation.  

- David Silverlight

Aug 27, 2009 at 2:34 AM

Hey Jerry,

Just as an FYI, I added you to the project, so you can download the code and check things out. 

Aug 27, 2009 at 3:03 AM
Yes, I'm getting the emails and also checking at code plex too.  It's been a very busy time and I'm still trying to get my new laptop up and running for silverlight 3 and blend 3 rc.

Hope all is well and I'll try to review the code once pc is sq away.  I did download the code but just looked at the .cs files. 

More later.. Jerry

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 9:34 PM, DavidSilverlight <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hey Jerry,

Just as an FYI, I added you to the project, so you can download the code and check things out. 

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SilverlightUGStarter@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email SilverlightUGStarter@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Aug 27, 2009 at 3:16 AM

Great.  Post a message here whenever you are ready to dig into it and we can help you get things setup.